Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessings with Patience

Last Thursday I decided to fill out the application for substitute teaching in the local public schools.  Just like every other job that I had applied for in the past month, I was not expecting a call back from them. Especially since I don't have an Ohio State Teaching License nor was I in the process of getting one and school starts in about a month.

Well I had already accepted 2 jobs, one at Progressive Field on game nights as well as working evenings at the local restaurant on the corner. The Indians job was just for fun and experience (and free baseball games!) but I didn't have full confidence in the waitressing job.  I had never done it before and I would be working every night except for Sunday while Ryan works every day except Saturday.  No fun for a couple that was just married less than 2 months ago. So this is why I had applied to substitute teach, since that's what my degree is in.

I have decided to go with the Field job, just for a little added excitement until the end of the season. I also chose the subbing job because of the company I am working with. How it works is the schools call the company to given sub openings. The sub openings are then posted on the company's website. If you want to sub, you pick the days and places! It's so easy! If there are days that I don't want to teach, then I don't have to. PLUS, my foot is in the door to be placed for a teaching position in the public schools based off of my subbing.  PLUS, they will help me further my education for the Special Education degree that I would like to get someday!

I had been waiting and stressing over getting a job when God had it right in front of me the entire time. Thanking the Lord for the many blessings of provision while we have been married and looking forward to seeing how the provision will continue as we seek Him together.  Just as I was told almost 2 years ago from my daddy: look up Psalm 138:8a when you are lost.
"The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me." 
And that is exactly what He has been doing in the Duffy's lives.

~ Mrs. Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment