Monday, March 18, 2013

The Little Details

I am currently in the middle of my two student teaching placements with an extra day to recuperate.  I took the day to come to a decision on some little details.  One of those was the table numbers that I am absolutely in love with!  Ryan and I traveled to South Africa together on a missions tried at the beginning of our relationship.  So when I stumbled upon these on Pinterest, I had to make them for the wedding!
This is the original photograph that I found on Pinterest.


How I recreated these table numbers:
1. Found a template of Africa on Google.
2. Turned the template of Africa by changing the color to blue 
and the outline to "Pencil Sketch" under Artistic Effects on Word.
3. Downloaded the Return to Sender font.
(a. Click on "Download" in the top right hand corner.
b. Open the folder.
c. Click "install".
d. Open a Word document and find your new font under the font names!)
4. Typed out "TABLE" and the number.
5. Adjusted the Africa Template until it fit perfectly around the words.
6. Cut out each shape, leaving enough space to see the outline of Africa.

These took me a couple of hours to make only because I wanted them to look just 
like the ones that I found and I did it all independently.

~ soon-to-be Mrs. Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment