Monday, March 25, 2013

Wedding Showers Weekend

This past weekend we had the opportunity to take a trip out to Cleveland for two Wedding Showers on Saturday.  We were blessed to have Mrs. Duffy and Heather, Ryan's sister, put one together for us at the church where his father is the pastor.  The second one was at the church that we will be attending when we move out there after the wedding, was put together by a dear friend, Susan.  I was able to meet many brothers and sisters in Christ that I look forward to serving alongside with in the upcoming year.

Some of you may be reading this and are wondering, "Why Cleveland?"  Well, Ryan will be taking on an internship under Pastor Green at Cedar Hill Baptist Church as well as working with his brother, Paul, with carpentry.  I am beyond excited to be a part of Cedar Hill and the Gospel-centered ministries that come with it.  As for me, I was told this weekend of a Kindergarten and First Grade teaching position that is open in the Christian school not too far from where we plan on making our home.  I will find out in the next couple weeks and will be sending my papers that way.  This is such an answer to prayer!  I was not expecting to be able to have my own classroom, especially so quickly!  Please pray for me as I am preparing for this position if the school administration so chooses that they would like me to join their team.

This weekend we will be going to my home for the first time since Christmas vacation.  And I am ready to be home.  I have a lot planned, such as breakfast with mom, first dress fitting, and wedding meetings galore.  I am excited to do some crafts and begin to prepare for the wedding that is in just 74 short days.  But first, graduation...

-soon to be Mrs. Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment