Monday, May 6, 2013

A Whirlwind Weekend

This past weekend Ryan and I took a short-notice trip out to Cleveland.  The things that had been questions to us where answered during this weekend.  One of the questions was whether or not I would have a job.  In the earlier post I has informed you all that I was told about a Kindergarten and First Grade teaching position in a Christian School in Cleveland.  I had no plans on getting a job right out of college, especially in a place where no one knew me.  But God knew otherwise.

I was called on April 25th to come out for an interview before we got married.  That meant that this past weekend was the only time I was available.  So on Thursday night we made our way to Cleveland.  I had my meeting of the staff and students followed by my interview that I had never wanted to end.  The school administrator asked me on the spot at the end of the interview if I could come back and meet the board. Although I was aiming for the Kindergarten position, I am happy to say that I will be teaching First Grade! We are both blessed with jobs that will help us start off financially on the right foot.

After the interview Friday and on Saturday we went apartment hunting.  We found two that we loved, but are still deciding what will be best for our budget, the first year, driving, and so on.  Ryan will be going home next week to check out some more and we will decide then.  Please continue to pray that God would allow us to find our first home.

One of the factors that is also postponing our housing decision is the choice to have or not have dogs.  If you know me, you would know that I have always had a pet, my first job was at a zoo, and my dream job since I was 7 was to be a Zoologist.  Well, with Ryan working 6 days a week and me being home all summer in a town that I do not know, I set out on a quest to find puppies.  And with great success, I am proud to show you the pictures of our puppies, Milo and Cocoa!  I will be picking them up next Monday when I am finally home from college.

On Saturday, Ryan and I will be walking across the stage and will be graduates from Baptist Bible College.  The big changes are beginning to come.  Please continue to pray for God's guidance in our lives.

~ soon-to-be Mrs. Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment