Monday, May 13, 2013

Graduation Weekend!

Well, we finally did it!  Ryan and I had the privilege of graduating on Saturday, May 11, 2013 from Baptist Bible College.  I managed to cry several times throughout graduation day, most of which was being reminded of how faithful God has been throughout my 4 years at BBC.  Right in the middle of my schooling I went through a whirlwind of change in my course in life.  I was 98 percent sure that I was not going to go back to BBC to complete my Junior year after these circumstances.  But my dad texted me this verse on morning:

Psalm 138:8
"The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me;
Your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands."

It was that day that I knew God had a plan for my life and that being at BBC would best equip me for this plan.  If I hadn't stayed, I wouldn't have met Ryan, or gone to Africa, or been Biblically grounded.  This is the verse that I had tattooed onto my back as a reminder.  I also decorated my graduation cap with that verse as well as a little bit from the movie UP.  We are beyond grateful for the impact that BBC, it's students and staff have made on our lives.



What we are doing now: I have settled in back home and have begun planning for the wedding (seriously this time).  Ryan is out in Cleveland working for his brother doing carpentry which I am extremely grateful for.  These next 22 days of being apart are going to be the toughest of our relationship thus far.  We haven't been apart for this long since last summer.  I am hoping that the busyness of planning the wedding and playing with the pup (which I still need to pick up) will help distract me.  It won't be long until we are together once again.


~ soon-to-be Mrs. Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment