Saturday, May 25, 2013

Two More Weeks

It is a blessing to be able to wake up early and study the Scriptures. I opened the Scriptures to Psalm 37 and read it several times during this quiet Saturday morning.  It was like a breathe of fresh air. God knew just what I needed during this whirlwind of wedding planning.  Psalm 37 is filled with so many little reminds that are all too often forgotten.  Here are some of those reminders:

"Trust in the LORD, and do good." 
verse 3

"Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart."
verse 4

"Commit yourself to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act."
verse 5

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him."
verse 7

"The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
when he delights in his way;
though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the LORD upholds his hand."
verses 23-24

"The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
The LORD helps them and delivers them;
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in him."
verses 39-40

What we are doing now: Ryan returned to Cleveland yesterday after spending the week in Chicago at Moody's Pastor's Conference with Pastor Green.  He jumped right back into working on carpentry for the final week.  He will be heading out here on Sunday, June 2nd for the final home stretch of the wedding planning!  I will be going out with my dad to pick out a puppy for Ryan and I.  The two pups that I previously posted about did not work out, so we were back to square one.  With a little patience, my dad was able to find the dog of my dreams and we are finally getting him today!! I will post about him later if I can pull myself away from him for a few moments!

~ soon-to-be Mrs. Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment